Monday, January 26, 2009

Tortilla Casserole

Okay ladies, get your crockpots out! I really enjoyed this one, and it was totally simple. And I promise, it's tastier than it looks here.


Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours
4-6 white tortillas (you could probably use corn)
1 lb ground beef
1 envelope dry taco seasoning
16 oz. can refried beans
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
3-4 tblspoons sour cream
1. Spray inside of cooker with coooking spray. Tear about 3/4 of tortilla into pieces and line sides and bottom of cooker.
2. Brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet. Drain, return to skillet and add taco seasoning.
3. Layer refried beans, hamburger, 1 cup cheese and sour cream if you wish (I didn't add sour cream, and it was still good), over tortilla pieces.
4. Place remaining tortilla pieces on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I just made this...sort of. instead of one layer I did two. We will see. I am excited though to taste it...it sure did take me long enough to try it though. I have been wanting to for a while.

    ReplyDelete