Thursday, January 8, 2009

German Pancakes

Can also be served with powder sugar instead of the syrup, but the syrup is best

1 c. milk
6 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. flour
1/2 cube butter

Put milk, eggs, flour and salt in a blender and blend on highest speed. Melt the butter in a 9x13 inch pan at 400. When the butter is melted, pour batter into the pan and bake for 20 min. Serve immediately with the following syrup

Syrup (I half this syrup recipe for us)

3/4 c. butter milk (or add 2/4 c. milk with 1 tsp. vinegar added)
2 c. sugar
1 cube butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla

Put milk, sugar, and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add vanilla. Just before serving, add baking soda and stir well (it makes it cool and foamy:)

3 comments:

  1. yeah! our first post, Kris you should feel honored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, this is a great idea. I just got some new recipies so I'll share if I know they tast good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this this morning...I ate so much!

    ReplyDelete