Friday, January 23, 2009

Sloppy Joes

This is one of my favorites! No picture it looked very un-yummy . I got the base of the recipe from The Essential Mormon Cookbook, but I think I have made enough changes to call it my own.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or so)
salt to task
1 onion (1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced)
3/4 c ketchup
2 BIG T tomato paste
2 T vinegar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T packed brown sugar (be careful here not to add too much)
1 can of black beans (drain)
toasted hamburger buns (toasted really makes a big difference)

After browning and draining the meat add the onion and salt and cook until tender. I like onion that is why I slice and chop, but if you want it all small then chop it all. Add ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and stir until mixed-taste and add more of anything depending on preference. Stir in the beans and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Toast your buns and put the meat on them and eat it up!

-to be honest I really don't measure anything, I do it to taste. I am guess on the measurements so if you want to add more or less go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment