Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Favorite Salisbury Steak

This one of my new favorites. It's easy, tasty and my kids (and husband) love it!

For the Patties
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg white
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teasp. worchestshire sauce
1/4 teasp. salt
1/4 teasp. pepper

For the Gravy
1 cup beef broth
1 tablesp. cornstarch
1/4 teasp. dried thyme leaves
1 2.5 oz can sliced mushrooms (I use fresh, and just kind of guess at how many I want)

In bowl, combine ingredients for patties, mix gently. Shape into 6 oval patties, about 3/4 inch thick.

Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties, cook 3 minutes on each side or untl browned. Remove patties from skillet; drain, if necessary. (If you use fresh mushrooms, sautee them at this point, and then remove from skillet as well.

In small bowl mix together broth, cornstarch and thyme, blend well. Add to empty skillet, cook over low heat until mixture boils and thickens, stir constantly. Stir in mushrooms; add patties. Cover; simmer about 15 mins or until patties are no longer pink.

I serve this one with mashed potatoes. I like it because I can prepare the patties early in the day, and refridgerate until I'm ready to cook them! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment