Thursday, October 14, 2010

Turkey Meatball Subs

Haven't had this yet, it's getting ready for tonight!
But I thought that since I have a moment, I would post it.
I am hoping it is yummy!
Turkey Meatball Subs
Meatballs:
1lb ground turkey
1/2 c dry breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/4 parsley
Mix all together and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. I recommend spraying your baking sheet.
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce--- homemade would be even better, but I'm lazy!
add meatballs to sauce and place as much as you like on each of 4 sub rolls, we'll toast ours
Grated mozzerella to top the meatballs--- if you want to melt the cheese put the sandwich under the broiler for a few minutes.
**** I'll let you all know how they are!***
*** I really liked the sandwich! I though the meatballs were very tasty! Jake was surprised after biting into a meatball because I omitted the "turkey" part. But he said they were good. The kids loved the meatballs too! Overall I call it a successful meal!***

No comments:

Post a Comment