Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peach Chicken

I know, "peach and chicken probably shouldn't go together....or at least that is what I thought before. Now I know its a yummy thing! I am posting this as published in the magazine. But I will also add the things I have changed.

Peach Chicken
Simple and Delicious

1 can sliced peaches, in syrup
2 t cornstarch
¼ c peach preserves (or jam)
1 T chicken broth
¼ seasoned bread crumbs
¼ c Parmesan cheese
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 T butter (or margarine)
2 green onions, chopped
Hot cooked pasta

Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Add preserves and broth, set aside.

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 T butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peaches; heat through. Sprinkle with onions; serve with pasta.

*its better with rice instead of past
*I hardly ever have green onions on hand so I just chop an onion and put it in with the sauce.
*next time I cook this I will bake the breaded chicken instead. It will be healthier and probably just as good.
*I have also eaten this with chicken soaked in soy sauce and 7 up and then BBQ. It was yummy!
I have also used Olive Oil instead of butter. I couldn't tell much. I have never "added remaining butter" when making the sauce.
*I never had just 1 T of broth sitting around so I plop a chicken bullion and 1/2 c of water in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment