Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Puff Pastry Chicken Bundles

Prep: 15 minutes Bake:20 minutes at 400 Yield : 4 servings
From: Simple and Delicious

4 chicken tenderloins ( I just buy breast & cut them smaller to fit)
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/2 c spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread
4 slices Muenster Cheese, halved (this is pricey stuff...I just used Swiss cheese)
1 egg
1 T water

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-inch square. Cut into four squares. Spoon 2 T cream cheese into the center of each square; top with cheese and chicken.

Whisk the egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring opposite corners over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.

Let cool for a few minutes before eating...or it will burn your mouth (we learned that the hard way). There were so pretty and so yummy. Looked so impressive. Next time I am going to experiment a little by adding ham, or removing Swiss cheese to see what is necessary. My little ones weren't too excited at first, but once they took a bite they changed their minds.

*I was looking for a picture to share since this came from a magazine I thought there might be one. NOPE what I found instead was another version that I want to make...oh man sounds yummy too.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Puff-Pastry-Chicken-Bundles

1 comment:

  1. These were a cinch! And delicious too! My kids weren't huge fans, but I'm fine with that it means I get leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete