Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Can I just say "Yum!" to that?

Funny Story

Our ward has a Chili Cook-Off every Fall.
So I decided to make a pot of chili to contribute to the feeding.
I had been craving chicken chili and found this recipe on SparkRecipes.com.
I didn't realize how seriously people took this Chili-Cook-Off,
and skimped a little (had a rough night).
It was really good, and apparently the judges (the Elders) liked it the BEST!
Yep, I won a contest... doesn't happen very often!
And I got an Olive Garden Gift Card for my efforts.
I admit I did feel a little bad for winning, just because I didn't go in it for the win.
But hey, I've had one request for it now!

And since Green Chicken Chili is what we are eating tonight, I figured I would share it. So follow the link and enjoy! I ate mine with crushed tortilla chips, a tiny bit of sour cream and shredded cheddar... YUMMERS!
I made a few changes: I only used 1 tblspoon of chili powder and it was still plenty spicy, 2 cups of water, and made a paste with about another 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch to thicken it. That made all the difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment