Monday, December 13, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

2 chicken breast
1 cup each, carrots and potatoes, frozen corn, frozen peas
1/2 onion, chopped.
2 cans cream of chicken soup
milk, to get to desired consistency
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 9 inch pie crusts

I sautee the onion and chicken (cut in bite size pieces) in olive oil. I boil my carrots and potatoes until tender, adding peas and corn towards the end. Mix chicken and veggies with soup, adding milk until you get a creamy sauce. If you want you can use pie crust, place 1 crust in pe plate, fill and place 2nd crust on top.

Cook, frozen covered 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees.

**** I often use biscuits or crescent rolls for my crust. No bottom crust, just place on top of mixture. Don't use the layered biscuits, the don't get cooked all the way through. If using crescent rolls I just rol the dough out on top of the filling. It's fabulous. If your pot pie is frozen I would put them on top toward the end of cooking time.****

1 comment:

  1. I know it might sound wierd but we really like to put broccoli in ours! yum!!

    ReplyDelete