Sunday, February 8, 2009

We'll Call This One...

I think we'll call it the "Maggie-fell-asleep-had-a-meeting-and-didn't-know-what-to-make-for-dinner" meal. I totally need to go grocery shopping and was trying to make do with what I had in the house.

3-4 pototaes washed and sliced into chips
Spray cookie sheet or casserole dish with cooking spray and back at 475 for about 20 min, or until done
While potatoes are cooking:
2-4 chicken breasts (I used chicken tenderloins)
baby carrots sliced up
onion- however much you like
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Grated cheese- again, however much you like
sour cream
milk, so that it wasn't too thick
So, I cooked up the chicken breasts in some olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, onion and carrots. I mixed the soup, cheese, sour cream and milk. Once the chicken was browned I added the sauce. Just cook it until it's heated through and serve over potatoes. I suppose you could eat it on mashed potatoes, or eve rice or noodles.
So there it is, and it was actually tasty. I was pleasantly surprised.

2 comments:

  1. way to go and create...AEWESOME! It sounds good. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,
    Check out this link to 365 crockpot recipes. A friend of mine sent it to me. looks promising.... love you, Mandy

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete